• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 27, 2021

    Clash Royale My first time ever getting 7k!!! I know you guys probably don't care but I'm ecstatic right now!

    Clash Royale My first time ever getting 7k!!! I know you guys probably don't care but I'm ecstatic right now!


    My first time ever getting 7k!!! I know you guys probably don't care but I'm ecstatic right now!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:04 PM PST

    I fumbled my phone and sent the snowball- this is the best sportsmanship I’ve ever seen (gave him the win because he didn’t have pass because of this)

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:44 AM PST

    Updates and Communication

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:41 PM PST

    So in https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/ls1jwa/comment/gooq5ge, Drew announced we'll not get early update info anymore, because of "the negative reception of cw2 teasers and videos".

    Before I start, let's make it clearer what it is about. Many people jumped and said "hey are you blaming the community response for a bad update ?", but as u/Mew_Pur_Pur pointed out in https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/ls1jwa/comment/goqh8vj?context=1000, this is besides his point. He is here speaking about the complaints before cw2 release about having to wait a long time after the teasers without any update. So let's look closer to :

    What were these complaints back then ?

    Digging a bit I found a post from Drew precisely addressing these complaints back then : https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/gsz90t/official_what_weve_been_up_to_29th_may_2020/

    So there were several complaints, some I agree with and some I disagree with : (Note that I wasn't on this sub back in May, but I'm still trying to take the point of view of the people in the situation of back then based on the posts from back then I'm reading.)

    "We want more information on the update !" This one I agree with. Here is a very relevant reply thread about this : https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/gsz90t/comment/fsfrzq2?context=1000. So to quote Drew : "Fans and players of games will always want to know what is coming next immediately (which is awesome - I love this passion and I'm the same) but they should also know that it isn't a realistic possibility." And then he tries to explain why. So he admitted they delayed the info release to avoid "more frustration after the update being pushed back" and "ruining a surprise". As u/Fishbrain77 who replied below, I think these are terrible arguments. If you say when you release the info the update won't come before several months, there would maybe be a bit of frustration from the delay, but it would be there anyway with just the teasers (unless you consider the update is better than what the teasers show). But by trying to make the update a "surprise" you're taking the risk of implementing an update that no one wants in-game. (Guess what happened.)

    "Can we have a release date for the update ?" This one I disagree with. I think the devs should not try to give a release date they may not reach, but I'm maybe the unpopular opinion on this one. A relevant reply thread about this is https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/gsz90t/comment/fs8k0lu?context=1000. Developing takes time and it's hard to estimate how long it takes. So I think it's better for the devs to not give a release date (or a very rough estimation) so that they release the update when it's ready. But maybe the majority of the community would have prefered a release date.

    "We haven't had any update since you're working on this !" I'm neutral on this one. I can understand both people wanting small updates to keep the game fresh before the big update and those wanting to halt other updates to get the big update sooner (see point below). Back then, we had an intermediate with regular balance changes, new arenas and new cards but nothing more.

    "Focus only on the update and not on balance changes !" This is the opposite complaint of the one above, so I won't repeat what I already said above. However, I'd note that the other side seemed to be predominant, judging by the comments from back then I read or posts like https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/huiul1/lack_of_quality_updates_go_brrrrrrrr_repost/ that has been #9 most upvoted post of the past year.

    What is the situation now ?

    So in December they announced the first update of 2021 would be a big progression overhaul (https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/kqp3uf/sharing_cos_this_sub_needs_to_see_it_and_stop/). They also announced they would then stop monthly balance changes and make them only with bigger quarterly updates. So let's see how have evolved the complaints listed above :

    "We want more information on the update !" This one is still there and the cw2 fail made it even worse. Without any information on this update we don't know if it won't be as terrible as cw2. In a discussion about cw2 flaws (https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/kdgnxq/comment/gg172l9) Drew admitted "reverting the old clan wars is not really an option" because they already committed so much development time to cw2 (and maybe they even destroyed the cw1 code, although this hasn't been confirmed). Had they released information on the update earlier, maybe the community would have answered by early negative feedback on the update content and the dev team would have decided not to release this flawed cw2. Instead we've been stuck with this for 6+ months because of a silly attempt to make this update a "surprise". And they dare taking the risk to make the same mistake again for the big update of 2021 ??? Why not give information on the update and let the community discuss what's good and what's bad, to have a community insight on what they're releasing ? u/Supercell_Drew, I'm really hoping for a reply on why such a decision.

    A release date for the update. So by saying quarterly updates in 2021 and the first one being a big progression overhaul, they gave expectations from this update in Q1 2021, or before March 31st. Many people (including myself) actually thought the update would be released before March 1st, because it was coming with balance changes and balance changes never come mid-season (except emergency fixes). Instead, in Feb 24 we learned the update won't come before April, after three small updates/emergency fixes and one card balanced. In other words, they did the exact same thing they said they didn't want to do (and rightfully so) nine months ago in https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/gsz90t/comment/fs8hbzx?context=1000.

    Small updates before the big update : So after the controversial reactions on making balance changes but no update while developing the cw2 update, they first decided to come with the extreme of nothing before the big update (it would be "the first update of 2021" and balance change would be released with these quarterly updates), while the community nine months ago was saying there were already not enough updating to keep th game fresh then. This of course led to posts such as https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/kp2i27/nothing_new_in_season_19_same_old_challenges_no/ and comments of mine about how bad would be a trophy deflation that lasts for 3+ seasons (https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/kqwrm3/comment/gi6aizt). Fortunately, they decided to revert this "nothing before March" decision by announcing trophy deflation revert at 4000+. Since then we got kind of the opposite intermediate with a few small updates/emergency fixes (Jan 7 : trophy deflation revert, Feb 11 : bugfixes and EQ rework, Feb 25 : matchmaking change) but lower effort on new seasons (over 3 seasons, one new arena designed (Season 20) and one card balanced unless we get another balance change mid-Season 21). And with this intermediate choice we get some complaints about stale meta, but nothing will make everyone happy and personally I'm fine with this intermediate (although I'd prefer knowing when next balance changes are coming and ideally what cards SC is planning to balance next even without precise numbers (this would actually let a bit more time between the moment you learned your deck will be nerfed and the time it is so you can start working on levelling other cards). And before you tell me "we know balance changes are coming quarterly" I'd want to show this is simply untrue, they unexpectedly balance one card mid-Season 20 and then 5 days (!!!) before the beginning of the last season of Q1 2021 (where balance changes were expected) the announced there won't be balance changes).

    Conclusion

    So now Drew tells us we won't have update information anymore. For the next update this means nothing changes, we got the teaser without update info and we may revive the cw2 disaster. For following updates, sure we won't complain pre-update but instead we may have complaints rise even more when there is no update for a long time because we'd be clueless about whether some big update is to be coming soon. Additionally, on updates such as cw2 without the teasers we'd have complaints post-update such as "why did you destroy clan wars without early notice" "I leveled all my cards to cw1 level cap and now I'm *** because I don't have 4 maxed decks" (we got this one anyway because they never said levels would be even more important than in ladder because they both make winning easier and worth more fame.)

    From releasing a bad surprise you potentially lose many spenders that wouldn't have quit had you discussed the update with the community early and ultimately decided not to release it. (Unless you're trying to soft-kill the game by implementing what the community doesn't want, then it makes sense to wait as long as possible before announcing the game-killer update) From a good surprise, what do you get ? Spending players still spending, that would have kept spending anyway had you not made the update a surprise ? F2p players so happy about the update that they start spending money, but they would maybe have started spending earlier had they known about the update earlier ? So in all cases making the update a surprise doesn't bring positives. Should I conclude the next update will be about soft-killing CR because they're now developing other games ? (I don't think so, this question is to conclude my point) u/Supercell_Drew, what's your answer to this ?

    TL;DR the dev team should release info on updates (and ideally balance changes too) earlier so that the community can discuss and give feedback on these updates before they are released, and thus to prevent the game to get bad surprise updates the community strongly dislikes to the point of quitting. And (optional) better keep the game fresh (through small updates and balance changes) while the update is developed.

    submitted by /u/Interesting_Test_814
    [link] [comments]

    My Birthday Cake of Dreams ����

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 06:42 PM PST

    Ice Giant

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:04 PM PST

    Free gems in Casual challenge ? I'm really liking what dev team is doing in 2021, from fixing trophy gains, matchmaking improvement, two global tournament, and better challenge rewards

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 04:34 PM PST

    Came back after 2 and a half years to see if the game is better, was dissapointed

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:11 PM PST

    Left beacause the enemies main win condition was having overleveled cards.

    Came back since i heard matchmaking got changed.

    Played some games and got to 5000, now im a lvl 10 with cards at lvl 10 for common and rares and 9/10 for epic and legens, and im facing people lvl 11 with cards at 12-13 CONSTANTLY, literally 90% of the times i lose is to trash players that are way too overleveled for the trophies they have, like how are you so garbage that your cards are lvl 12-13 and you are still 4900-5000 trophies holy shit.

    Also tries the clan wars thing since its new for me, since its supposed to be a skil bases war i guessed that battle would be on equal terms, but of course not, of course im facing ppl with 2-3 more card lvl than me, so clan wars are just a joke i see, the clan with the most overleveled clowns win i guess.

    Played for 2 days, gonna uninstall this garbage game again, maybe someday the trash devs will actually fix matchmaking.

    submitted by /u/ChitoPC
    [link] [comments]

    Regarding clan wars 2

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:19 PM PST

    I am asking Clash why the war decks don't reset when the week does? Also if there is a 50 person max for wars why is my clan losing to one that has 62 participants? Has all we been told about clan wars 2 just bullshit? I want to know why we as a community have to play this broken garbage? Some clans get such a headstart just because of timing. Race that doesn't start fairly. What part of clan wars is truth? I know we get a legendary for 1st lol.

    submitted by /u/Playful-Hope7060
    [link] [comments]

    I MADE IT!! 2 and a half years completely f2p!!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 05:41 PM PST

    Lvl 9&10 cards against lvl 12&13.. New matchmaking system isn't really helping anybody. The problem is with the lvl of cards not the kingtower lvl. Hope they fix that one day.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:51 AM PST

    You gotta like those balloons ��

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 11:02 PM PST

    So I joined a clan battle and this happened...

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 04:19 PM PST

    Are in-game replays not appealing enough?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 12:16 PM PST

    I have noticed that I watch replays here on Reddit, I watch CRL live on YouTube but whenever a clanmate shares a replay of their "insane 3 crown victory" I don't really care. Whenever I see a replay in my clan feed, my brain just ignores that message. I don't find myself excited enough to click the "Watch" button and see what are my clanmates up to.

    Is there someone who watches replays of their clanmates or in-game TV Royale?

    I believe that if the game allowed you to add a screenshot or eye-pleasing captions when you share a replay people will be encouraged to watch them, but I am interested in hearing your ideas.

    submitted by /u/Dogesmash18
    [link] [comments]

    3 years to get here wow. More like 3 years wasted am I right or am I right? ��

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 09:51 PM PST

    Viable deck for 6k+ trophies?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:55 PM PST

    I'm a level 12 and it's the first time that I reach 6000 trophies and I'm currently at 6100. My deck is Skel. Barrel, Goblin Barrel, Royal Delivery, Knight, Dart Goblin, Inferno Tower, Log, and Skeletons, all level 13 except of Inferno Tower, Log and Skeletons which are level 12. My problem is that I feel like my deck is not very strong and it gets hard countered by a lot of decks. Which deck should I try to max out if I want to reach 7k?

    submitted by /u/HelplessHouseman
    [link] [comments]

    The smartest outplay that even Mohamed Light would be shocked that totally isn't an coincidence play by my opponent, still impressive tho, IMO.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 09:18 AM PST

    Cant seem to get past arena 12 any idea what deck I should use, and or trade out certain cards been at it for a couple of days been playing for a week too if any tips for me too please

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 09:06 PM PST

    Playing 2v2 with a previous teammate

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:49 PM PST

    Anyone else ever play 2v2 and notice your teammates name seems familiar, and then you realize that's because you played with them in 2v2 recently. It's happened to me a few times, where I've checked my activity log and my teammate from my most recent 2v2 was also my 2v2 teammate from the day before. Has this happened to anyone else? I just think it's pretty strange, being matched up with the same person twice in a short amount of time.

    submitted by /u/fancybarbeque
    [link] [comments]

    6209 trophies with this deck. What would you change to reach 6500-7000?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 12:48 PM PST

    Delete the cap of 10 tokens? I mean, cap it only avoid stack it, but we still can get more than 10 and anyway, that doesnt change this much not to get a cap no?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:17 AM PST

    Should the Elixir Collector get buffed?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:43 PM PST

    I would like to make a discussion about this because at this point in the game it seems to be an obsolete building due to numerous reasons. I have not run into one person in weeks that even used this building in the decks they used against me (And ues, I do 1v1s mostly), which makes sense as it is countered very quickly by most of every deck regardless of what it is. Yes, I am aware that it's life span will give you 8 Elixir, it just gets taken out very easy by most things, so you get 1 to 3 elixir as most. I just personally think it should get some kind of boost to its hitpoints at least.

    What are your thoughts? do you agree it needs to be buffed? or do you disagree?

    submitted by /u/LovelyOceanKitty
    [link] [comments]

    New match making algorithm

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:29 PM PST

    After new match making algorithm changed, in 2v2, i am always paired with someone with tower level 10 but lower trophies (once even 2910 trophies with tower level 10) vs those tower level 9 but trophies above 4500, even above 5000, so much "fun" now

    submitted by /u/newuserincan
    [link] [comments]

    I wanna tweak my deck. I’ve been using it since the ebarbs dropped. Any ideas or suggestions?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:22 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel