• Breaking News

    Friday, September 11, 2020

    Clash Royale [OFFICIAL] Quick Update From The Dev Team

    Clash Royale [OFFICIAL] Quick Update From The Dev Team


    [OFFICIAL] Quick Update From The Dev Team

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    [OFFICIAL] Quick Update From The Dev Team

    Hey guys,

    This is just a quick one but I wanted to let you know what we've been doing with your feedback.

    First of all, we can see that a lot of people here are not happy with Clan Wars 2. We genuinely believed (and still do) that Clan Wars 2 has the potential to be GREAT, but we have clearly missed the mark for a lot of players. Because of this feedback we will be focusing our next update on making Clan Wars 2 better than it is right now.

    I want to let you know that your voices have been heard and that yesterday we went back to the drawing board as a team to set up a roadmap for our next update.

    We had a group meeting with nearly all of us in the office together (it's been a while all being in the same place - it does wonders for morale) and we spent the day coming up with the first iteration of a solid roadmap for the next mandatory update.

    I'm not going to share our roadmap with you JUST yet, but what I will do is show you what I personally presented to the team yesterday as the key (major) issues that I felt needed to be addressed.

    Please note that this is NOT the roadmap, this is just what I personally presented to the team. Each bullet point in the WHY IS IT BAD? section is feedback from the community and my own thoughts/community feedback in the WHAT CAN WE DO? section.

    ---

    MAJOR COMMUNITY ISSUES

    WAR DECK RESET LINKED TO LOCAL TIME

    WHY IS IT BAD? (COMMUNITY FEEDBACK)

    • Unfair?
    • Players get advantage by being in another timezone
    • No chance for players to catch up while they wait for deck resets

    WHAT CAN WE DO?

    • Solution keeping local time - keep local time but use Finish Time as a way to rank players
    • Removing local time - putting it on a fixed world clock start time (8am UTC?) still has similar issues but could work.
    • Match by region (East/West)?
    • Change the race mechanic completely (probs not an option)

    ---

    SMALL CLANS NOT BEING CONSIDERED IN MATCHMAKING

    WHY IS IT BAD? (COMMUNITY FEEDBACK)

    • Small Clans can't finish the race
    • Small Clans getting outmatched by bigger Clans
    • Small Clans matched against maxed Clans
    • Small Clans not getting rewards so can't level
    • Not fair/equal footing
    • Damages close knit small Clans/family & friend Clans/IRL Clans

    WHAT CAN WE DO?

    • Introduce "small Clan Wars"?
    • Have smaller rewards but also smaller Fame thresholds
    • Matchmake based on Clan Size
    • Introduce new Clan creation stats (10/25/50 member clans with different rewards and leaderboards) and make separate system & leaderboard for them (like boom beach task forces)
    • Give extra War Deck resets for players (like extra attacks in Clan Wars 1)

    ---

    MATCHMAKING NEEDS TO BE BETTER (PLAYERS)

    WHY IS IT BAD? (COMMUNITY FEEDBACK)

    • Players getting poor matchups with other players that they can't beat
    • Players unable to get rewards due to constantly losing, therefore can't upgrade their decks, vicious cycle

    WHAT CAN WE DO?

    • Underdog system
    • Deck Power Level matchmaking
    • Level Cap @ League level
    • Some other matchmaking magic to fix the situation?

    ---

    REWARDS NEED TO BE OBTAINABLE BY ALL CLANS (NOT JUST THE BOOT)

    WHY? (COMMUNITY FEEDBACK)

    • Clans are playing the entire week and not hitting the amount to even finish the race, despite being #1
    • We have removed quests and put the rewards somewhere unobtainable by them

    WHAT CAN WE DO?

    • Make rewards based on River position (with a certain threshold to pass?)
    • The above matchmaking changes etc
    • Lowering Fame threshold

    ---

    A lot of these items were already in other people's feedback lists and we settled on some solid action points from these items. As a team we are confident that solutions to some key community pain points will be resolved in the next update.

    There are also a bunch of UI changes that I have requested that are currently being worked on. you can see a mockup below of at least the main Clan screen & the War screen (if Reddit lets me post it...)

    Work in progress... not final.

    Work in progress... not final.

    We are also confident that after this first Clan War Season some problems may resolve themselves and our Data Scientist is indeed VERY keen for the team not to make any rash decisions without us being fully informed by data (this is a man who takes data very seriously).

    Anyways I just wanted to give a bit of transparency towards our upcoming update plans and will keep you in the loop with any further decisions. My plan is to share a public Roadmap when we have whittled down the dev work and can provide accurate info. Please remember that plans can change, however.

    Happy to answer some questions in the comments below throughout this evening and the weekend, just want a reminder to keep them civil.

    OK, maybe that wasn't quite a quick one but I hope it's informative.

    Have a great weekend,

    Drew and the Clash Royale Team

    submitted by /u/Supercell_Drew
    [link] [comments]

    Is this considered justified BM?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    Never forget. Rest in peace. 9/11.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Lost about a third of my clan since this update was released and decided to become a casual clan. Just thought this was really wholesome

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    Thank you for listening to community Supercell

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    F2P since 2016 and I finally have a max deck with max star level.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    How not to defend a miner.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    There's commitment to your clan, and then there's this. Poor guy.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    Some of my birthday gifts!

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    They added the rolling average elixir cost to Triple Draft ��

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    How is this fair???

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    3 boat turrets in 1 attack 11-12lvl.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    [IMPORTANT UPDATE] I’m a Mod now, so allow me properly introduce myself! AMA too!

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    INTRODUCTION

    • Hello everybody! It's official; I am now a DISCUSSION moderator for r/ClashRoyale ! So, I'm going to write down some basic info about myself, how I got into Clash Royale, and future plans for posting here. So, let's get to it, shall we!

    BASIC INFO

    Name: Jake Corbin

    Age: 19 (Birthday; 2/27/2001)

    Gender: Male (White)

    Education: Currently a Sophomore at a State College as a Liberal Studies Major (most likely going to switch Majors, maybe go to trade school. Who knows)

    Job: I work at a Kid's Club for a Elementary School near my College (most likely going to try to find a better job)

    Signature Quote: "Can't never did a thing."

    HOW I STARTED CLASH ROYALE

    It all started back in February of 2016, back when I was a Freshman in High School. I was at my "Cousin's" new house and checking it out. He's 4 years younger than me, but he is way more into gaming than me.

    He introduced me to a little game called Clash Royale. He said that it was only on beta and he could help me get it, but I did not know about tech that much and thought it would somehow ruin my phone, so I declined the offer.

    Around a month later, on March 5th 2016, My "cousin" (Jayden), told me that the game is available now and for us to play together. I got it and fell in love with it. I still remember my first deck: Knight, Mini Pekka, Goblins, Rage, Arrows, Cannon, Musketeer, and Witch (Who wants to see me use this Deck now? I would do it in a Tournament or something)

    After struggling in Pekka's Playhouse for a while, Jayden let me join his Clan and his Leader, "Saltshaker" taught me about Trifecta (Hog Rider, Valkyrie, and Musketeer), and I have been using a variant of it ever since. My first version was Hog Rider, Valkyrie, Musketeer, Inferno Tower, Goblins, Minions, Zap, and Fire Spirits. (I can use this Deck too, should I?)

    Since then, I have moved to different Clans, even being in a semi-competitive Clan (shoutout to Vanguard, they are good), to now being in ErnieC3's official Clan. And of course making my in depth post on the game and how to make it better. With the help of my friends I met on this server, like BossJohnHammer, Mew Mew, Yojojo, Pokerface, MissStealYourTrophies, Glazman, Goblin Guru, And so many more, my post would not be as good as they are now. Thank you, my Friends, for being there for me.

    THE FUTURE POST

    • So now we are in the present, but what can we expect for the future as a Mod now?

    Season Analysis every Season no matter what!

    Any News Updates on the Game when they come out

    1-2 mini Discussion Post every Season (excluding this one so I can organize my future format)

    A "How to Fix Clash Royale while still being Profitable" (title pending) post sometime in the future

    A "Standardization Movement; Definitive Edition" post sometime in the future

    • Once the 2 specific post I stated are done, I might slow down on post. But when u/Supercell_Drew made this post here, I don't think That will happen.

    AMA

    • Now this is where YOU come in! Ask me any questions you like, no mater how personal or controversial! I do have the right to deny an answer however. I apologize if I don't answer your question.

    CLOSING

    • I hope you all look forward to my future post and I hope I meet your expectations as a Mod. Have a nice day and Clash On!

    • Also, for my American clashers, we must remember what happened on 9/11. Never forget it!

    submitted by /u/JCorby17
    [link] [comments]

    This guy joined our clan just to let us know this, well played by him.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    Downloaded this game less than a week ago, and got to legendary arena today! I’m not too good at the game but I’m pretty godamn proud of my progress :)

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    So this is why the updates take forever, they are in the show business now.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    Now I understand how to play this mode. Thanks Supercell

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    Everybody talked about the golem losing it's crown, but what about the golem's collar (only OGs remember this):

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    [Official] LOST & CROWNED | A Clash Short

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    Why does his fire spirits do damage and mine don't?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    now that duels exist it would be nice to have a 8x or 10x replay speed. it's really annoying when you have to spend minutes only to watch a interaction at the end of the third match.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    What about a new crossover card?(Couldn't make one with the current levels)

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    How can I get tokens as they are removed from true f2p path?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    Yes Supercell! These are actually good rewards! 10k gold, 1 of each token, and a legendary chest for just a regular challenge. Please, make new challenges start right when one ends and keep the rewards this good!

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 05:50 AM PDT

    After seeing this reddit I’m guessing my clan aren’t the only ones to feel like this? Why wasn’t there a guide into CW2 like some tutorial?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    I decided to be a good person today

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel