• Breaking News

    Friday, February 7, 2020

    Clash Royale Not so fast...

    Clash Royale Not so fast...


    Not so fast...

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:24 PM PST

    When karma bites you back in the ass XD

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 03:47 AM PST

    The State of the Game: Toxicity, Loser's Pool, Cheap Tanks, the Topics that Seem to be Swept Under the Table

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:29 PM PST

    After playing this game for three years and browsing through this subreddit, I've reached a tipping point where I have to say something. I really this post doesn't come off as baseless vitriol, because I would very much value non-toxic opinion. I truly want what's best for this game and its players.

    1. This Community -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I can't emphasize enough how toxic this reddit community and the Clash Royale playerbase is. I saw a replay the other day of a win against a BMer who refused to use a spell to deal the final blow against OP; all the comments were dogging on the OP for playing EBarbs. (I've faced players like these myself, and I wish there was a way to exit the match if the opponent is zapping my king tower for a full 2 minutes. )

    My point being, I rarely see any form of support for players from players. Anytime someone wants to suggest a balance change, the comments are snide forms of "you should use this counter and stop whining" and "Get good". And yet every month, this community can do nothing but whine at Seth about how certain cards weren't balanced right. Well guess what, this community is not capable of forming a consolodated opinion on balancing because it's too busy being toxic towards any balancing suggestion. I've seen it all the time in New, and it really sucks how closed to discussion this community is.

    I think that people rely a little heavily on Royal API's stats to justify their denial of a balancing problem. Because personally, Royal API has never been representative of my experience on ladder. For example, today, I faced 3 Furnace decks in a row. Out of 10 matches, 40% were furnaces, and yet Royal API lists furnace as a measly 8%. My point being, stop shutting down other people's opinions because of Royal API, because it is very possible that it is not truly representative of the situation, at least within the scope of individual experience.

    2. Inexpensive Tanks and Triple Elixir -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    A theme I've seen recently in this game is a rise of inexpensive tanks. I feel like the OG cheap tanks were Knight and Baby D, although I have no issue with Knight's balancing. But recently, Supercell has released a couple of low-elixir tanks, such as Healer and EGolem. And cards like Valk and Ice Golem have been doing quite well too.

    Why is this an issue? It's because it has never been cheaper to defend, and this is particularly problematic during the new triple elixir mode in ladder. I remember when people used to complain about Rocket Cycle; the typical response was: "You should be able to punish someone if they use a rocket". But it seems that statement holds less in the current state of the game, since many counterpushes can easily be stopped with a small spell and a cheap tank.

    3. Older Cards / Cards I'd personally like to address ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    Since I'm making a post, I may as well include my two-cents about balancing.

    BOWLER

    To all you Bowler users out there, I think Bowler is in desperate need of a buff. And I know a couple months ago, during the Executioner Rework phase, Seth talked about a potential rework to increase bowler attack on buildings. Based on what I've read in response, PLEASE don't do this. Bowler's biggest weakness is his hit speed. A Bowler gets countered by almost any unit on defense that isn't squishy. If you don't change the hit speed, it won't ever be able to hit the tower anyways, so the attack buff on buildings would be useless. Here is a post that gained some traction that explains the state of Bowler well.

    FURNACE

    I feel like this one is more controversial but I'm sorry, Furnace just encourages a playstyle that is way too passive. I play Bowler, and it really doesn't do anything to counter Furnace. And not everyone would like to add a Poison or Earthquake to their deck. Truly, I don't think most people can say that they've ever defended a Furnace to a positive or neutral elixir trade without a Poison. Furnace does so much damage passively that it cannot be ignored; without a direct damage spell, the whole game is spent pouring elixir into defending each wave. I understand that the issue is that Fire Spirits are underused, but there have been a couple ideas floated by the community and CWA that would buff Fire Spirits and nerf Furnace.

    4. Losing Streaks and the Loser's Pool ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Another controversial topic but something I feel needs to be discussed. I'm sure almost all of the player base has went on devastating losing streaks. And this is just my personal guess, but I suspect it has something to do with the Loser's Pool - where players face other players who have lost 3 matches in a row.

    I would definitely want input from the community on this. I feel like almost every time I've lost two matches in a row, another 2-3 losses is inevitable. Sure tilt has to be a factor, I can't deny that; however, it seems to be too consistent of an occurance for all players to be coincidental. If I were to guess what the actual number of losses needed to get back to a winning streak, it would be closer to 6-7 losses. This is purely anecdotal, but I'm curious if this feels the same to other players.

    Anyhow, thank you for those who've read my post. I'd love to see your opinions in the comments, because I think this community could really use more constructive discussion in its user posts/suggestions. Discussion where many users come together and discuss things without being spiteful are good ways to get the Developer Team to see the direction its User Base would like the game to head in.

    submitted by /u/baconanime
    [link] [comments]

    [Humor] Sometimes I believe this mission exists

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:50 AM PST

    It’s been a bad day.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:14 AM PST

    3x elixir + Elixir Golem + Mirror + Clone = Chaos

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 01:50 PM PST

    How to use Gob Barrel xD

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:40 PM PST

    The Majestic Log

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 10:07 AM PST

    Heal Meta Coming Soon?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 03:55 PM PST

    Unpopular Opinion: Most close games on this sub aren't that good.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:56 PM PST

    Go to r/ClashRoyale, and look on the front page. Literally every post is about "cL0s3 g@m3" and involve somebody winning with around 1 hp left. Scroll down to the comments section. You'll find dozens of people applauding the person's skill and awesomeness. However, that's the point. Don't get confused. I'm only addressing the CLOSE GAME replays. They spam this sub, and they literally have a person play horrendously badly, leading to them having really low health on their tower, and through a combination of luckk/spamming, they beat somebody else who is equally bad. As you might have noticed, this sub is in a downward spiral, with many spammy posts, with a bad mix of toxic/nice people, and pros/noobs, in a bad way.

    submitted by /u/grouchietardigrade
    [link] [comments]

    When magic archer is about to go to work

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:26 PM PST

    Finally done it!!!! Everything max level

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:47 PM PST

    Ever take a king tower with only furnace?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 11:32 AM PST

    Is this good defensive/investment card idea?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 11:33 AM PST

    Sometimes drafts really don’t go in your favour...

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:02 PM PST

    It’s just a 7 dollar Royale pass :C

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:46 PM PST

    We need tokens other than legendaries

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 11:22 AM PST

    MVP Dart Goblin ����

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:02 AM PST

    Pekka bridge spam.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:30 PM PST

    Is anyone else so frustrated at having to vs Pekka bridge spam at a constant basis? I swear that deck alone will make me feel like quitting the game.

    submitted by /u/richard43488
    [link] [comments]

    Is this emote in season 8? Like in the challenges?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:18 PM PST

    [RoyaleAPI] Undefined trophy climbing on Jan. 24th. Oh yeah.. Not sure this is how graphs work!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 03:07 PM PST

    Most elixir value in a Dart Goblin that I've played.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:52 PM PST

    The new Crying Ghosts sound:

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 12:52 PM PST

    I’ve used this deck without any edits for over two years, can I get a rating?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:16 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel