• Breaking News

    Friday, January 29, 2021

    Clash Royale [ Don't have anyone who cares about my mobile game achievement, so I am sharing it here. First time making it to US top 1000 (after almost 5 years of playing and been a noob. now I got that at least going) best of luck to all y'all, and let's play kind - Only few of us still care to play this)

    Clash Royale [ Don't have anyone who cares about my mobile game achievement, so I am sharing it here. First time making it to US top 1000 (after almost 5 years of playing and been a noob. now I got that at least going) best of luck to all y'all, and let's play kind - Only few of us still care to play this)


    [ Don't have anyone who cares about my mobile game achievement, so I am sharing it here. First time making it to US top 1000 (after almost 5 years of playing and been a noob. now I got that at least going) best of luck to all y'all, and let's play kind - Only few of us still care to play this)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 04:49 PM PST

    Supercell Eclipse

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 01:15 AM PST

    I found this old screenshot! Daily quests were rough

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 08:46 AM PST

    WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 02:14 PM PST

    [News] Clash Royale team switch-up in full swing!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 07:54 AM PST

    Didn't expect that did ya buddy. King tower gone in 2 seconds.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 07:50 PM PST

    Why didn't the bomb kill the lava pups?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 03:25 PM PST

    it's like they aren't even trying anymore

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 08:30 PM PST

    [Effort Post] More Issues that People Forget About: Loser's Pool, Mini Tanks, Rock Paper Scissors (RPS), Level Caps

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 10:58 AM PST

    Look, I want to make this sweet and simple, but I want to make sure to address all these things. A lot of the times, issues like the loser's pool, mini tanks, RPS, and level caps come up for a brief moment before disappearing in subreddit memes. I would love a discussion on these topics that doesn't fade away. So here goes.

    LOSER'S POOL

    The loser's pool is supposedly a matchmaking tool on Ladder that matches people on a losing streak of 3 losses or more. Before I continue, my stance here is NOT that matchmaking is rigged. What I want is transparency from the development team about what the loser's pool actually is.

    • Source: The most official source that covers the loser's pool is a video from CWA 2 years ago. Here is the link, and the discussion begins at 2:50. "Players who are at three or more losses in a row are put into a separate matchmaking pool."
    • Explanation: This is simply not true. Back in August 2020, I took some data for 55 matches in a row. If the loser's pool is defined by 3 losses, then I was in the loser's pool 7 times. Only in 1 of those 7 times did I face someone else in the loser's pool. Here is an image of my data. Imgur Link. And for anyone who uses the API to scrape the data, I'm sure you'll find similar cases.
    • What is Needed: I dislike how SuperCell hasn't talked about this directly for a while. More over, I dislike that the predominant knowledge on the Loser's Pool was incorrect. I would very much appreciate transparency on matchmaking mechanics that are in play on Ladder or elsewhere in Clash Royale.

    MINI TANKS AND STALLING

    u/dagunner did a great effort post discussing the changes on xbow and defensive play styles in Clash Royale. For this post, I want to focus my attention on Knight, because no one talks about Knight.

    • Stance: I think that Knight offers way too much value, given his HP and cost, and ease of cycling. I understand that RoyaleAPI shows that Knight is balanced, at 50%, but his use-rate is enormous. At 29% GC, 22% Ladder, 30% CC, and 24% Top Ladder. He clearly outshadows all other mini-tanks.
    • Explanation:
      • Because of how hefty Knight's HP is, he is able to provide very high value defense. I understand that is essentially his purpose; however, my argument is that the value he offers is too high. A standalone knight can effectly defend against most standalone and higher value cards.
      • At 3 elixir, he is incredibly easy to cycle, so even at an elixir disadvantage, Knight can be placed to shut down a push or buy a LOT of time (the stalling playstyle).
      • Because of his low cost, a player can overcommit, especially for spell cycling, as long as they have 3 elixir left for some rapid defense. I've heard the following argument over the years: "If you're not punishing a naked rocket, you're just playing poorly". But for a lot of decks, it really isn't that easy to punish, because of high value defensive cards like Knight.
      • Knight's defensive viability allows him to act as an effective counterpush for bait and for Graveyard, which has been very strong in this meta.
      • A ton of people hated XBow for being defensive, hence the nerf. I genuinely think that the contributors to the defensive playstyle were Knight and Tesla.
    • What is Needed: I think Knight needs some balancing. It has been the go-to choice of mini-tank for a long time because it simply offers too much value. I hope the comments will host good discussion on potential reworks or nerfs.

    ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS (RPS)

    For those of you who don't know, RPS simply talks about pre-determined matchups. For example, will an XBow player beat a Royal Giant earthquake? Obviously not. Pro players have used RPS matchups to snipe other pro-players as well. RPS matchups typically revolve around 1 specific card or a card synergy that completely shuts down another specific card/card synergy.

    • Stance: I think RPS matchups are really unhealthy for the game. Having a bad matchup is one thing, but having a completely unwinnable matchup is not okay. Supercell has been approaching balance changes in a manner that supports RPS.
    • Explanation:
      • Earthquake: To allow you all to note any potential bias, you should know I play XBow Bowler. No knight, no tesla, no rocket, and I'm proud of it. But anytime I face a player with an earthquake, I can't win, no matter how well I play or how poorly they play. Earthquake is too effective of an answer to XBow, while also providing fairly significant tower damage given its area of effect. It should also be noted that Earthquake cycle is very popular and effective in the current meta.
      • Mother Witch: First off, mother witch is pretty bad. This is an example that is part of the RPS problem, but is so weak that it doesn't even matter. Mother witch, in my interpretation, was an attempt to reduce the popularity of Graveyard. Simply, I think it's a bad precedent to balance the game by adding a RPS counter.
    • What is Needed: Simply put, balancing should never support RPS matchups. If there are matchups that predetermine the outcome of a match, it should be considered unhealthy for the game.

    LEVEL CAPS IN CLAN WARS II

    This was one of the biggest complaints for Clan Wars II that Supercell simply decided not to address effectively. Here's the short of it. Clan Wars II is demoralizing when lower-level players consistently lose to higher level players. It slows progression for those who need it and offers progression for those who don't need it.

    • Stance: There was a very strong presence of voices asking for level caps in Clan Wars II, but then they all seemed to disappear. In Clan Wars, I lose 3/4 of my matches consistently. Because my deck level averages are 11.375, 11.25, 11, and 13 for four of my decks. I'm sure its a very similar case to many f2p players out there. I truly believe that it is reasonable to ask for a fair playing ground to earn rewards, on a mode that is meant to distribute awards.

    If you believe that level caps would make Clan Wars II more accessible to you, please do not stop advocating for it. But also, be kind to the mods, the developers, and the community managers.

    You can make yourself heard without being toxic about it.

    That's all I have for today folks, I do hope this sparks some productive discussion about some really important issues with the game. If I have said anything incorrect or disproved in this post, I will add some edits. Stay safe~

    submitted by /u/baconanime
    [link] [comments]

    What Do You guys think? Any tweaks you would make? Srry for bad editing

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 01:06 PM PST

    Tornado to comeback and win the game �� ��

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 07:49 PM PST

    Baby Dragon I drew! I hope you like!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 04:58 AM PST

    Game Lead For CLASH ROYALE

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 05:39 AM PST

    Devaluation of Pass Royale

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 05:05 PM PST

    Has anyone noticed the devaluation of the pass Royale? I've notice lately that challenges aren't as valuable and the free restarts don't bring as much gold and now with 2 global tournaments you have to pay twice to receive the gold I was getting in previous seasons for free?

    submitted by /u/darkness210984
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 08:18 PM PST

    I'm a returning player, and was doing some 1v1. Played against a Lvl 13 castle, and when he summoned his cards, they flashed for a second, making it harder for me to identify them. Is this some custom "skin", a feature, etc? Can I disable it? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jobin3141592
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else get surprised how much damage royal hogs do?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 06:34 PM PST

    I've been playing Clash Royale for quite a while now, but everytime, the amount of damage royal hogs get always surprises me. (Note: I am NOT saying they are OP) Like, I put a dark prince down and think I'm getting a really good elixir trade, then I see I've lose 700 damage on my tower! Does anyone else feel this way? Like, it NEVER fails to amaze me, even thought I've checked the stats and everything.

    submitted by /u/Noah3238_games
    [link] [comments]

    Max Star Skin Series: TANKS/mini tanks

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 05:34 AM PST

    I’ve been running this deck from deckshop recently. What are your thoughts on it?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 05:06 PM PST

    Stat royale for clan wars 2

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 07:28 PM PST

    Why doesn't statroyale add a separate option to check who did war or not. Why doesn't supercell themselves add an option to check who did war or not ?! How can they expect us to calculate by looking at the points. And how will it work on the last week because i can't even tell if they win all their matches. Or lose some of them or even skip some wars.

    Clan wars 1 was way better. You could keep track. It was flexible for both casual and hardcore players. Clan wars 2 could not add the simplest of thing which can make or break a war.

    submitted by /u/HRS911
    [link] [comments]

    Legend says that the skeleton is still trying to get past the king tower

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 10:32 AM PST

    Tornado crown tower damage

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 05:00 PM PST

    Max tornado does 35 damage per second on crown towers and the duration of the spell is 1 second. During a match it took 70 damage. Is this just an error in the stats or did I miss something?

    submitted by /u/chez1026
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone ever seen this before? Fisherman gets froze/glitches by zappy.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 02:30 PM PST

    New Card Idea!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 08:19 PM PST

    Name: Rage Wagon Rarity: Epic Cost: 3 elixir Stats: HP 1300|MS very slow|HB large (Lvl 9 tournament standard)

    Lore: The lumberjack had a spectacular idea of being able to always be in rage! He build this machine being completely filled up with rage spell to give his foes a hard time!

    Appearance: think cannon cart + goblin cage, has some rage spell dripping

    Main utility: the Rage Wagon has a aura like a electro giant, but bigger and its rage for your friendly troops, deals no damage and tries to hang out in the middle of your army, when destroyed it drops a full rage spell on the battlefield

    Other Info: - Can only be knocked back by the log, - Great for building up a push to one lane - Could be used as a mini tank - Might replace Lumberjack in some decks

    I know this isn't perfect, but I kinda like an idea for a unit like this In the game, let me know what you think!

    submitted by /u/_Rare1_Supreme
    [link] [comments]

    Clash royale China posted this tweet what can we expect in this new update? WE WELCOME THE FORBIDDEN CITY (probably)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 07:07 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel